Last Update: May 10 2023
1. Personal Information Collected
Information we collect from you and your interactions with us. We may collect the following categories of personal information when you use, interact with, and visit our Services:
- Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, account name, password, or other similar identifiers;
- Commercial information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website application, or advertisement; and
- Inferences drawn from any of this personal information.
Information we collect automatically.
We may collect internet, electronic activity, and other information automatically from the devices and browsers that you use, [including your device type; internet protocol (“IP”) address; device and advertising identifiers, probabilistic identifiers, and other unique personal or online identifiers; time zone setting and location; browser type and version; browser plug in types and versions; operating system and platform; internet service provider; pages that you visit before and after using the Services, browsing history, and search history; the date and time of your visit; information about the links you click, pages you view, and other information about how you use the Services; the technology on the devices you use to access these Services; audio, electronic, visual or similar information. If you or your device experiences an error, we may collect information about the error, the time the error occurred, the feature being used, the state of the application when the error occurred, and any communications or content provided at the time the error occurred.]
In addition to personal information we receive from you, we also receive the categories of personal information described above from other sources, such as our business partners, internet service providers, and operating systems and platforms.
2. Use Of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to and use of our products and services, including to complete a contract or transaction between us and you, verify your identity, provide digital content delivery services, and provide customer service;
- To contact you;
- To advertise and market our products and services, including to introduce and propose digital content delivery services;
- To analyze and improve our products and services, including to provide and analyze questionnaires, and analyze consumer purchasing trends and preferences;
- To plan and develop new digital content delivery services;
- To help keep our products and services effective and secure, including to debug to identify and repair errors that impair intended functionality, detect security incidents, and manage and improve facilities related to the provision of the Services;
- To protect or enforce the legal and contractual rights, safety, and security of the Company and others;
- To prevent malicious, deceptive, and fraudulent activity on our products and services, and to prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulatory obligations; and
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your personal information with your consent, including, where applicable, to engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research.
3. Disclosure Of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information in certain circumstances, including:
- For Legal Purposes: We may disclose your personal information as necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, detect fraud, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, safety and security of our Services, consumers, or the public.
- In Connection With A Commercial Transfer: We may disclose your personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- With Your Consent: We may also disclose personal information about you to other entities if you give us permission.
If you choose to engage in public activities on the Services, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other consumers of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing information while participating in these areas. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
You may be able to reject cookies and similar technologies through your browser settings. If you reject cookies through your browser settings, you may still use our Services, but your ability to use certain features may be limited.
6. Consumer Rights
Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled to request access to, portability, deletion, and correction of your personal information.
- Right to Know: You may have the right to know what personal information we have collected about you, including the categories of personal information, the categories of sources from which it is collected, the business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing it, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose it. For information about the categories of personal information we may collect and the sources from which personal information is collected, please click here. For information about the purposes for which we collect personal information, please click here. For information about the third parties to which we have disclosed personal information please click here.
- Access & Portability: You may have the right to request a copy of the personal information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
- Correction & Deletion: You have the right to request that we correct or delete personal information that we collected from you and retain, subject to certain exceptions.
- Limit the Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information: Some jurisdictions afford you the right to limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information or to revoke consent to the processing of your sensitive personal information. However, we do not process sensitive information in ways that implicate these rights.
To exercise these rights, you or an authorized agent may submit a request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we receive your request, we may ask you for information that allows us to reasonably verify your identity. We may deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where your identity cannot be confirmed or where we must retain your personal information consistent with applicable law. Depending on where you reside, you may be entitled, in accordance with applicable law, to appeal a refusal to take action on your request; to do so please request by email at email@example.com. You may be entitled to submit a request through an authorized agent that meets requirements under applicable laws. We will require proof that the individual has been authorized to make requests on your behalf.
We will not discriminate against you as a result of your exercise of any of these rights, though without some of this personal information, we are not able to provide you with all the requested services.
We do not sell your personal information for monetary or valuable consideration as defined by applicable laws. We also do not disclose your personal information to third parties for targeted advertising (or cross-context behavioral advertising, which is a similar concept referenced in some jurisdictions). Thus, we do not “sell” or “share,” as those terms are defined under applicable laws, personal information about users we know to be under the age of sixteen.
The Services are not directed towards children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.
8. Links to Other Sites
The Services may provide links to websites that are operated and maintained by other organizations. We disclaim any responsibility for the information on those sites and any products or services offered there, and cannot vouch for the privacy policies of such sites. We do not make any warranties or representations that any linked websites will function without error or interruption, or that defects will be corrected.
10. Contact Us
By email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By mail at 2-13-5, Kita-aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0061 JAPAN.
In addition to the above provisions, we will comply with the laws and other regulations regarding the handling of personal information in Japan.
We will take measures to ensure that personal information is not handled beyond the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use specified above.
We will take reasonable security measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information.
We establish and continuously improve our personal information protection management system in accordance with JISQ15001:2017.
The Company will establish a consultation service and respond promptly, sincerely, and appropriately to complaints and consultations regarding the handling of personal information.
We will make efforts to appropriately implement the following measures to ensure the safe management of personal information.
- We have appointed a person in charge of personal information protection in each organization that handles personal information, and have clearly defined responsibilities and authority.
- In order to safely manage personal information, we have established internal rules and regulations and require all personnel engaged in the handling of personal information to comply with them.
- We will conduct periodic self-inspections and internal audits of the status of personal information handling.
- We have obtained the Privacy Mark and have taken the necessary measures after undergoing an audit by an external organization (Japan Users Association of Information Systems (JUAS)).
- We regularly provide education and training on the protection of personal information to those who are engaged in the handling of personal information, and strive to raise the awareness of all employees regarding the proper handling of personal information.
- We implement access control to offices and compartments where personal information is handled, and take measures to prevent theft, such as locking the doors.
- We strive to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal information by managing access to personal information and taking measures to prevent unauthorized access from outside.
Personal Information Protection Manager: Chief of the general affairs department email@example.com
Grievance Resolution Organization: Japan Information Processing Development Corporation（JIPDEC） Personal Information Protection Complaint Consultation Office（Tel 81-120-700-779 Japanese only）