- "Content" means the digital comics and other content (including digital content) provided on or through the Service.
- "Point(s)" means the virtual currency that you may purchase to allow you to access certain Content on the Site.
- “User(s)” means an individual or individuals that has/have registered for the Service pursuant to Section 2.
2. Membership Account
In order to use the Service, you must create a membership account on the Site (“User Account”), select a password, select a user name (“User ID”), and provide Us with certain information or data, such as your contact information (“Identity Authentication Information”). You promise to provide Us with accurate and complete Identity Authentication Information, and to update the same promptly if there are changes. You may not register a User ID or create a User Account using another person's Identity Authentication Information, a name that you do not have the right to use, or another person’s name with the intent to impersonate that person.
You will not share and transfer of your User Account, User ID or password with anyone. You shall be entirely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your User Account, User ID or password, and for all activities that are associated with your User Account.
3. Purchasing Points
- Users can purchase Points as needed. We reserve the right to change the purchase price for Points at any time. You agree that all Point sales are final and will not be refunded for any reason unless required by applicable laws. If required by applicable law, We will process refunds in accordance with the relevant laws.
- Points do not hold any “real world” value and you may not transfer, exchange or sell Points for real money, or exchange Points for value of any kind outside of the Services.
- Points may only be used through and by the User Account that purchased them. You may not merge multiple User Accounts and combine Points.
- Points will be credited to the User Account immediately after purchase. Points will not expire, unless required by applicable law.
- If a third party uses your User Account to spend your Points, We will not return or refund any of your Points.
4. Viewing and Accessing Content
In order to view certain Content, you may need to purchase the Content, or access thereto, with Points.
The Content that can be viewed by a User is listed in "My Bookshelf" in the User Account.
Except as set forth herein, or as set forth elsewhere on or through the Services, the Content purchased with Points can be viewed free of charge as many times as you wish.
5. Conditions of Use
You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you meet the foregoing requirement. If you are not at least 18 years old and cannot represent and warrant to the foregoing, you may not use the Services.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
We or Our third party licensors shall own all right title and interest in and to the Site, Service and Content, and all intellectual property rights and other rights therein. You acknowledge that the Content is protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, and trademark laws, international conventions, other relevant intellectual property and proprietary rights, and applicable laws.
7. Prohibited Acts
- infringes or violates the intellectual property rights, publicity rights, privacy, or any other rights or interests of anyone else (including Us);
- is dangerous, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- involves copying, reproducing, storing, transferring, selling, displaying, redistributing, modifying, or preparing derivative works based on the Services or Content, in whole or in part, without Our prior written consent;
- involves exploiting the Services or Content for any commercial purpose, including the public display of the Content in a commercial establishment without Our consent;
- involves removing, circumventing, disabling, or altering the technical protection measures or the rights management information of the Services;
- involves removing any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services, in whole or in part;
- involves evading the obligation to pay for Points charges or obtaining Points by fraudulent or dishonest means;
- promotes or encourages illegal activity, or violates any law or regulation, including, without limitation, any applicable privacy laws;
- attempts, in any manner, to obtain the User ID and/or password of other Users;
- violates the security of, damages, disrupts, or creates an undue burden on any computer network (including on the Services), or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes, including any cyberattack or other malicious attack;
- involves interfering with other Users’ enjoyment of the Services;
- decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
WE PROVIDE THE SITE, INCLUDING, FOR CLARITY, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS, ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, VALIDITY, CREDIBILITY, USEFULNESS, OR CONTENT OF INFORMATION, AND WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR, FOR CLARITY, THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. WE ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS THAT MAY INFECT OR HARM, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN THE SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO, OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE SITE.
9. Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT, OR THE MATERIALS AND FUNCTIONS RELATED THERETO, OR LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS OR LOST SALES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO SOME OF THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, EXCHANGED OR RECEIVED BY OR ON BEHALF OF ANY USER OR OTHER PERSON ON OR THROUGH THE SITE.
11. Contact and Notice
For inquiries regarding the Service, please contact Us using the Contact Form (https://yomoyo.net/inquiry).
We will contact or send notices to you regarding the Services through the Site or using the email address provided by you to Us.
12. Suspension, Termination and Account Termination
We may temporarily suspend the Site or Service for any of the following reasons:
- Scheduled or emergency maintenance of system of the Service; or
- fire, flood, strike, labor trouble, riot, invasion, war, or any other cause beyond Our reasonable control.
We may, at Our sole discretion, change, remove or terminate access to the Content, Site or Services, or any part thereof, at any time for any reason (or no reason).
If you wish to cancel your User Account, please log in to your User ID and password and follow the cancellation procedure (https://yomoyo.net/my-page/settings) prescribed by Us. Upon completion of the cancellation procedure, all Points and Content associated with your User Account will be deleted. If the cancellation procedure is properly completed, We cannot restore or recover anything associated with such User Account. If a User Account has not been confirmed to be using the Service for more than three years, We may terminate such User Account.
14. Geographic Restrictions, Governing Law and Arbitration
We provide the Services for use by persons located in the United States. You are not permitted to access the Services outside the United States. We make no claims that the Site or Services are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Access to the Site or Services may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. Without limiting Our other rights herein, if you access the Site or Services from outside the United States, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws and all liabilities related thereto.
Last Updated May 10, 2023